Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4-Way Stretch Fur!

Senior Member Born in Zentai, Die in Zentai cheetah's Avatar

Default 4-Way Stretch Fur!

At Further Confusion, there was a fursuit designer who had been working with a small fabric maker in the US who will custom make 4 way stretch FUR. Now there are some limitations. First it is a lot coarser because it is an old full sized mill machine that has been restored, so it doesn't hit the density of today's faux furs. I'm going to try and see if tiger or cheetah can get made, but they can do most non-striped pelts. I understand the setup fee to make a run is $200, which can be shared if folks order one fabric together, BUT (and this is the great part), there is NO MINIMUM.

So, I'm thinking maybe this is worth a try...

Senior Member Born in Zentai, Die in Zentai iZentai's Avatar

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!

...i are making a zentai panther with short-pile 4-way stretch fur in November this year.

But still...how great are you?!?! That would be a bargain if a good few chipped in together :-D
    Zentai is my way of walking around in public naked without getting an ASBO...

Hmmm.... I would definitely be interested in learning more!
    -Wolf

Check out my photography at Flickr, Flickr, deviantArt or find me at FetLife.

Senior Member Born in Zentai, Die in Zentai Spectre's Avatar

I'm definitely interested in this too! I've always hated baggy suits, and have always wanted a suit that conforms to the body well. It would feel so natural... =)

Senior Member Zentai Freak ZentaiTeddybear's Avatar

Ahh, that would be NFT (or NHT, I forget which is the newer name)? It does look good (I believe they mainly do fur for animal models in museum exhibits and things like that), but I understand (haven't experienced it first-hand) it doesn't feel very nice, and also that they can't make it in very wide pieces so you end up sewing together several "bands" of fur to make the suit. Other than that, and the high price, it does sound, by all accounts, to be really good stuff! I'd guess if the backing's rougher than normal fur fabric you could just wear a zentai underneath!

Senior Member Born in Zentai, Die in Zentai iZentai's Avatar

Well having a slightly heavier 4-way stretch material (not lycra..im thinking a thin fleece material) is definitely doable to line the fur. Or not!! could be used as is!!! *devil horns*
    Zentai is my way of walking around in public naked without getting an ASBO...

Junior Member Zentai curious

Default stretch fur

http://www.themakeupgallery.info/var...s/misc2005.htm

here's a link to a "cat suit" made from a company that supplies fur materials.

National Fibre Technology

Senior Member Born in Zentai, Die in Zentai cheetah's Avatar

Yep, National Fiber is the company. The national fiber is a bit coarse, but the fit is great.

I'd take the cat suit on the NFT site, but I'm thinking a bit more servally or leopardy or tigerey.
    Last edited by cheetah; 26/01/2010 at 23:32.

Quote Originally Posted by dsuit View Post
    http://www.themakeupgallery.info/var...s/misc2005.htm

here's a link to a "cat suit" made from a company that supplies fur materials.

National Fibre Technology
    Now that's the type of form fitting fursuit I'm talking about! I need a wolf suit now!
    -Wolf

Check out my photography at Flickr, Flickr, deviantArt or find me at FetLife.

Junior Member Zentai curious

Default cat suit

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah View Post
    Yep, National Fiber is the company. The national fiber is a bit coarse, but the fit is great.

I'd take the cat suit on the NFT site, but I'm thinking a bit more servally or leopardy or tigerey.
    I searched for more info on the info on that suit in the pic but came up short.