Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to find Realise brand swimwear outside of Japan.

Junior Member Zentai curious

Question Trying to find Realise brand swimwear outside of Japan.

I recently stumbled upon a range of one peice swimwear that is simply stunning. The brand is "Realise", and only appears to be available in Japan. The range even has a high-cut leg version of the famous Speedo 2000 shiny suit, that I simply MUST have. Feast your eyes on it below:

I am in love with that suit.

The official website is:

www.new-realise.com

With an Amazon store available here:

Realise at Amazon

As far as I can tell the Japanese Amazon site won't ship outside of Japan. So I am at a loss as to where I can get my hands on this delicious suit.

Any ideas?

Senior Member Born in Zentai, Die in Zentai

I think you can find some couriers who will take a package for you and ship it to your house

Senior Member Zentai Freak

Thanks for finding this exciting swimwear. I would love to wear such one piece. They are more expensive than basic zentai suits, then shipping costs are to be added twice, starting with a mail forwarding service. Google returned www.mailbox1.jp first, there may be other interesting ones.
    Last edited by arena; 10/02/2011 at 21:48.

Junior Member Zentai curious One Piece Wonder's Avatar

Wow! Big thanks to OnePieceLover for passing on this find.
    I followed the overseas link and have ordered the following suits.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/acqueen/item/n-007/
    and
    http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/a.../item/n-007sh/

They don't work out to be very cheap and I am a little concerned about the sizing. The company (Rakuten) that does the 3rd party bit seems to be pretty good so far.
    They have sent confirmations (mostly japanese but some english) and have notified me that they have sent part of my order.
    Looking at the site, it seems to totally cater for the Japanese swimsuit fetish market, how cool is that?
    Will let you know how they are when they get here.

Hi guys,

I found these suits a while ago but I was unsure if it would actually be possible to get them outside of Japan... I was wondering if any of you who have ordered suits from this company received them and if so, what were they like? If they are good quality then I might be forced to buy some! :3

Junior Member Zentai curious One Piece Wonder's Avatar

Hi,
    As I mentioned above, I ordered some of these suits from the rakuten online shop. They were very quick in confirming my order and also very quick to arrive.
    The suits seem to be stitched together okay even if the material is a bit flimsy and unfortunately the sizes are very small. Even though I ordered the "LL" and that is 92-98cm in the hip it wouldn't fit me or my girlfriend (who is much slimmer than me)
    When I get time, i'll try and work out what size the suit really is compared to a Speedo USA or other western sizes.

Senior Member Zentai Freak zipperback's Avatar

I have also had good experience purchasing the Realise brand through Rakuten. I agree with One Piece Wonder that these suits are very tight for their supposed size.

The Realise suits are a much lighter-weight fabric than the discontinued shiny PVC Japanese Speedo S2000 suits that many might assume they mimic. While a PVC Speedo S2000 weighs around 130g, a shiny PVC Realise suit is barely half that at 70g and the fabric feels noticeable thinner between the fingers. However, the fabric does seem quite strong, and the suits are well stitched.

The largest size Realise suit is LL and fits somewhat tighter than a Japanese PVC Speedo S2000 in size O (the largest size offered). A size O PVC Speedo S2000, which is advertised for 87-91cm chest, 95-99cm hip (about 34-36 inch chest, 37-39 inch hip), fits more like a Speedo lycra suit in UK/US size 34 than a lycra size 36, so my advice to anyone interested in a Realise suit is don't buy anything smaller than a size LL unless you can squeeze into a Speedo lycra suit smaller than a UK/US 32.

Senior Member Zentai Freak zipperback's Avatar

I note that the Realise size charts on the Rakuten site now go up to 3L, with a size 3L suggested to be suitable for bust 89 to 96cm, hip 94 to 100cm, or about an inch larger than the bust and hip ranges for size LL. If anyone gets themselves a 3L suit please let us all know how it fits.

To clear a few things :

1) Rakuten is not a shop : It's a virtual shoping mall that group the catalogs of many shops. They dont sell anything directly themselve : They just list the catalog of other shops. (So when you buy on Rakuten, 2 articles are probably not coming from the same shops and will be handled in a differant way)

2) There is two shops (at least) that sell Realize produce online : Amazon JP and Acequeen (listed on Rakuten). Amazon wont sell outside Japan. Acequeen is listed as not doing it on Rakuten but they information on their site seems to imply they be be doing it anyway. For both shop, its possible to order using a 3rd party service that will provide you with an address in Japan and then forward to your address for a small fee. Rakuten advertise "Tenso.com" for this. But other "deputy service" (as they are called) exist.

3) Japan swimwear are not cut in the same way as US or EU swimwear. Japanese sizing is more or less standarized. Check Japan Arena/Speedo/Asics size charts for actual values of S, M, L, O (LL), XO (3L). (O and XO are for the same "height". Just a little larger)

4) Swimwear sizing for competitive swimsuit is "tighter" than the one for regular swimsuit. Whatever US/EU or japanese swimsuit. When getting a competitive swimsuit, you usualy have to take 1 size larger than when you take a regular swimsuit.

5) Realize swimsuit are sized like competitive swimsuits. That mean that a LL(or O), will be very tight for that size and will "feel" like a L size. Also, check the elasticity of the swimsuit : Some Realize suits use material that will stretch very little. So their size is really their maximal size and wont fit on someone larger.

6) No, the suit mentioned in the first post doesnt use the same material as the S2000. Realize never claimed that it does. (That material isnt produced anymore. If you want a suit using the same material as the S2000, it still possible to find one from Mizuno. (Be warned that its a material that doesnt stretch at all. A XO sized suit will fit even smaller than a 3L Realize suit or XO competitive suit just because it doesnt strecth at all)

Senior Member Zentai Freak Silvikrin's Avatar

Looking at the photo on the first thread kinda suggest to me that you're likely to have your plums dangling out either side of the crotch......might be difficult to explain that one pool side?!!?

Does look lovely though, looking forward to hearing reports of those who bought.