Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Can Tell Me the Difference Between Zentai and Morphsuits?

Default Who Can Tell Me the Difference Between Zentai and Morphsuits?

It really puzzles me all the way, someone says that Zentai is the knockoff of the morphsuits, but I can not sure about it, though it is not important to somebody. I just wonder the reason, thank you.

Senior Member Zentai Freak BlackDesire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lyhhdyx88 View Post
    It really puzzles me all the way, someone says that Zentai is the knockoff of the morphsuits, but I can not sure about it, though it is not important to somebody. I just wonder the reason, thank you.
    Zentai is a term/name of the fetish for skin-tight, full-body, total-encasement bodysuits. MorphSuits is the manufacturer and owner of a brand of skin-tight, full-body, total-encasement bodysuits. An example of another brand is RootSuits.

A wearer of skin-tight, full-body, total-encasement bodysuits can be called a Zentai enthusiast only when he/she has a sexual/fetishistic interest in such bodysuits.
    Last edited by BlackDesire; 12/10/2011 at 12:55.

Junior Member Zentai curious Bluecat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDesire View Post
    A wearer of skin-tight, full-body, total-encasement bodysuits can be called a Zentai enthusiast only when he/she has a sexual/fetishistic interest in such bodysuits.
    I would not say that they are "only" called Zentai enthusiasts if s/he has a sexual/fetish interest. There seems to be quite a few out there who do it with an element of ... social interest, I guess you would call it.

Senior Member Zentai Freak BlackDesire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecat View Post
    I would not say that they are "only" called Zentai enthusiasts if s/he has a sexual/fetish interest. There seems to be quite a few out there who do it with an element of ... social interest, I guess you would call it.
    Then they are not Zentai enthusiasts. They are MorphSuit/RootSuit (etc, depending on the brand they wear) enthusiasts.

Senior Member Zentai Freak stealthmode's Avatar

Then they are not Zentai enthusiasts. They are MorphSuit/RootSuit (etc, depending on the brand they wear) enthusiasts.
    I disagree, someone can be a zentai enthusiast without the sexual attraction. zentai is simply the term for tight bodysuits that cover the entire body. morphsuit, rootsuit, superfan suits, etc are just brands of zentai suits. A morphsuit is still zentai, it just has a brand name on it.
    The term zentai is similar to the the term "car" for example. and Morphsuit is like a brand of car, "Toyota" for example. Someone might drive a Toyota, but it's still a car.

Zentai is a contraction of zenshin taitsu (全身タイツ) ("full-body tights").

Im trying to break away from the fetish side of zentai, but I will still be a zentai enthusiast in the end.

Moderator Zentai Overlord VanMan's Avatar

BlackDesire:

Easiest way to think of the zentai vs. Morphsuit comparison is thusly...
    Think of "zentai" like "car," "tissues," "photocopier" or "inline skates."
    Think of "Morphsuits" or "RootSuits" like "Ford," "Chevrolet," "Toyota," "Kleenex," "Puffs," "Xerox" or "Rollerblade."

Zentai is the product, Morphsuit is a brand.
    Zentai wearer since 2002, spandex wearer since 1988.
    (Currently owns/wears eight zentai.)
    ゼンタイ RULES!

Come visit my blog at http://vanmanasiseeit.blogspot.com. Don't forget to follow me!

Senior Member Born in Zentai, Die in Zentai lycra_bound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VanMan View Post
    BlackDesire:

Easiest way to think of the zentai vs. Morphsuit comparison is thusly...
    Think of "zentai" like "car," "tissues," "photocopier" or "inline skates."
    Think of "Morphsuits" or "RootSuits" like "Ford," "Chevrolet," "Toyota," "Kleenex," "Puffs," "Xerox" or "Rollerblade."

Zentai is the product, Morphsuit is a brand.
    Yup, VanMan (and a couple of others) have got it in one. And I don't accept that you can be only be called a zentai wearer if you do it for sexual interest. IMHO, all morphsuit, rootsuit etc wearers are wearing zentai.

Personally for me, zentai is both a fetish item and non-fetish, and I am not (and never will be) a morphsuit wearer.

Thank you all of your replies, I will read them and distinguish the information, thank you.

Senior Member Zentai Lord lycracuda's Avatar

Well I finally broke down and bought a Morphsuit. Party Packagers opened up in the east end of the city just for Holloween and they offer suits. $57.00 with tax which isn't too bad. Based on my height and weight I bought a medium. It fits very tight which is wonderful however I would have to say they tend to make the hood a little on the small side (or I just have a fat head). Material overall isn't bad for an inexpensive suit, 4 way stretch seems good. I would have to agree with all those before me, I can't see any way of removing that darn logo from your butt. As a side note the store was virtually wiped out of suits, seems the local University crowd was in as soon as they heard about the Morphsuits. It will be interesting to see what shows up on the local new or in the paper on or about Holloween. Can be seen in my albums.
    Heaven is Zentai for two!

Senior Member Born in Zentai, Die in Zentai lycra_angel's Avatar

slighty wrong..... I love zentai, and will look for other makers for suits, but if I wear a morphsuit, I am still a zentai enthusiast

from wikipedia

Zentai (from the Japanese ゼンタイ) is a term for skin-tight garments that cover the entire body. The word is a contraction of zenshin taitsu (全身タイツ) ("full-body tights"). Some companies have tried to create mainstream brands of the suits, by dropping the traditional name; in particular, examples include RootSuit or Superfan Suit in the United States and Bodysocks or Morphsuit in the United Kingdom. The latter brand, in particular, has achieved relative commercial success.
    Keep it tight!

http://www.keeping-it-tight.blogspot.com/

''Sodding blimey shagging knickers
    bollocks -- oh no......I'm English.''

SPIKE from Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season 6 Episode 8 :Tabula Rasa

IMG_3229 by lycra_angel, on Flickr